Inspiring Greatness Host Committee
Inspiring Greatness is Friends of the Children-Seattle's annual gala. Last year, we held this event virtually for the first time with resounding success. We raised over $680,000 and received over 500 RSVPs.
The Inspiring Greatness Host Committee’s role provides leadership and strategic advisory support for the Friends-Seattle staff. The committee consists of community leaders, fundraising experts and programmatic advisors. They meet monthly and their goals include guest outreach, speaking program input, fundraising priorities and event logistics.
The 2021 Host Committee is currently ramping up to dream and imagine a signature event that tells authentic stories, creates deep community engagement and inspires everyone to support youth and families. And while we don’t currently know if we will be virtual or in the ballroom at the Hyatt Regency, we do have a confirmed date of Saturday, September 25, 2021.
The 2021 Inspiring Greatness Host Committee will work alongside staff to assess the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as they relate to the planning and implementation of a successful 2021 event. Specifically, there are opportunities for audience growth (500 to 600 expected guests), a renewed cocktail hour experience and more structured ways for program youth and staff to be engaged and involved at an authentic and connected way. Areas of focus will be on table host recruitment, procurement of items, re-configuration of the auction experience and implementing creative elements to deepen engagement between all guests and staff. Volunteers are important in making this event possible and are essential in making sure the event runs smoothly start to finish.
The specific responsibilities of this committee are:
- Attend committee kickoff meeting on Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Participate in monthly meetings (zoom calls). Note: A ten month meeting plan will be produced in January 2021 to identify key deadlines and meeting topics for increased participation.
- Assist in the identification of potential new table hosts or community leaders/influencers who may be interested in supporting Inspiring Greatness.
- Provide support and facilitate connections for potential Auction items.
- Brainstorm and decide on creative audience engagement opportunities.
- 1-2 hours per month for virtual meetings
- 5-10 hours per quarter for research, outreach and identifying new opportunities
- This is a short-term leadership opportunity with all active committee members engaged from January 2021 through November 2021.
Does this sound like the leadership opportunity for you?
Contact Meghan Wagner, Major Gifts Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.